MMR Strategy Group conducts surveys, qualitative research, and analysis to measure the appeal and effectiveness of advertisements, packaging, and other marketing communications and promotional materials.
MMR Strategy Group provides a variety of research and analysis regarding advertising and marketing communications:
- Ad effectiveness: Ad effectiveness can be measured in multiple ways. In one sense, an advertisement is intended to create, strengthen, or change consumers’ awareness of and attitudes toward a product or service. To measure these cognitive and emotional impacts, we can conduct surveys and qualitative research with consumers. In another sense, advertisements and other promotional communications are intended to improve sales volume, price premium, and revenue. To measure these financial impacts, we can conduct market and sales analyses using advanced analytic techniques to isolate the impact of an ad campaign on financial performance.
- Concept testing: During the development of a messaging strategy, concept testing asks consumers how appealing each concept is, and how likely they might be to buy the product or service being advertised. Findings can help clients identify the best concepts to pursue and to refine the most promising concepts.
- Copy testing: After an ad execution has been created, copy testing asks audiences how appealing the overall message is, how likely they might be to purchase the product or service being advertised, and what specific components of the ad they most liked or disliked. Findings offer suggestions for refinement and improvement of ad copy.
- Design testing: Design testing offers similar insights as copy testing, but is focused on the visual and aesthetic appeal of promotional communications. Design testing asks audiences how appealing the overall look of an ad is, how likely they might be to purchase the product or service being advertised, and what specific components of the graphics they most liked or disliked. Findings offer suggestions for refinement and improvement of the design of an advertisement.
- Package testing: Package testing can offer similar benefits as both copy and design testing, but is focused on testing copy and design for product packaging, instead of an advertisement. Additionally, package testing can measure the function and usability of packaging. Findings can help clients improve the copy and design of their packaging, or help clients develop more useful and more aesthetically-pleasing packaging designs.
MMR Strategy Group helps our clients develop and refine their existing and proposed advertisements and other marketing communications using a variety of research techniques. Depending on the nature of the research issues, we can conduct surveys or experiments to test the appeal and effectiveness of advertisements on a large scale. Or, we can conduct focus groups or in-depth interviews (IDIs) to probe into consumers’ minds as they view an advertisement. We can also track and measure the sales of a brand over time, and use pre-post testing to determine the revenue impact of a new ad campaign. Whatever our clients need for their advertising and communications research, we use the most appropriate research tool for the job.