Usage & Attitude (U&A) studies are one of the fundamental building blocks of marketing researchers and consumers insights departments.
Also known as Attitude and Usage (U&A) studies, or even Awareness, Attitude and Usage (AA&U) studies, these types of studies are one of the most commonly used outputs from consumer insights groups because they are the most helpful in developing marketing strategy.
U&A studies help marketers to better understand their customers’ knowledge, perceptions, intentions, and behaviors. They provide information on consumer usage, purchasing habits, and attitude toward products and brands. Most importantly, U&A studies allow marketers to measure what consumers do, as opposed to simply relying on what consumers say.
Using sample U&A output from a restaurant study conducted by MMR Strategy Group, this presentation shows how U&A results can help marketers to:
- Analyze consumer buying behavior by key steps in the buying process, such as awareness, consideration, and purchase
- Make comparisons with key competitors
- Understand the shopping cycle in an industry
- Measure unaided awareness by customer type
- Evaluate how different types of customers rate you and your competitors
- Identify key opportunities, with visual tools such as quadrant maps
Dr. Bruce Isaacson
MMR Strategy Group