Dr. Jonathan Hibbard
Dr. Jonathan D. Hibbard is a marketing professor at Boston University’s Questrom School of Business.
He has over twenty-five years of experience researching, teaching, and consulting in marketing strategy, marketing channels, branding, consumer behavior and survey design. His research has appeared in top-tier journals such as the Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Retailing, Journal of Business Research, Journal of Interactive Marketing, Psychology & Marketing, and Business Strategy Review. He serves on the Editorial Review Board of the Journal of Business-to-Business Marketing.
Professor Hibbard has served as an expert witness in cases involving marketing, branding and consumer behavior and his testimony has been accepted by federal courts and at the National Advertising Division (NAD). The scope of these engagements includes opinions, surveys, and rebuttals on likelihood of confusion, genericness, secondary meaning, claim substantiation, deceptive advertising, class actions and materiality. He has also written non-survey-based reports on branding, consumer behavior, and distribution channels.
He holds a PhD in marketing as well as an MBA from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management and a Bachelor of Science from Boston University.
Prior to entering academia, Prof. Hibbard worked in technology sales, marketing and public relations, and as a researcher and case writer at the Harvard Business School. He has also consulted to Fortune 500 firms.
- Associate Professor of Marketing, Boston University School of Management, 1994-present
- Associate in Research, Harvard Business School
- Assistant Alumni Director, Boston University
- Sales Representative, NCR Corporation
- PhD in Marketing, Northwestern University J.L Kellogg School of Management, 1995.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Northwestern University J.L Kellogg School of Management, with distinction, 1988
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Boston University Questrom School of Business, 1982